Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dark Matter Coffee

Not only is it good... it's good for you.

Scientific evidence indicates that drinking coffee from the Dark Matter Cafe at Skeen Library does wonders for your body and mind.


Pass the Java: The Healthy Side of Coffee
Coffee's full of healthful components like magnesium, potassium and vitamin B3. And coffee is the American's number one source of antioxidants, says one 2005 study from the University of Scranton. Another study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that one cup of coffee can have more antioxidants than a serving of blueberries or oranges. Antioxidants play a key role in reducing the inflammation which is associated with many health problems ranging from heart disease to rheumatoid arthritis.

Dr. Joe Vinson, a chemistry professor who led the Scranton study, says, "Antioxidants are your army to protect you from the toxic free radicals, which come from breathing oxygen and eating sugar, that start chronic diseases. Antioxidants help stave off cancer, heart disease, diabetes and stroke."
So, be sure and drop by the Dark Matter Cafe and pick up a steaming cup of health next time your at Skeen Library. Help your body defeat those dangerous free radicals.

After fueling up on some of Skeen's delicious java, you might consider busting out a move in our ongoing public chess match located at the center table of the cafe.


Simply make your move and then flip the card to indicate which side goes next.

Remember, everything goes better with a hot cup of coffee from the Dark Matter Cafe.

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
I will fear no Equal:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Dark Matter Cafe:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever.

~Author Unknown

True words of wisdom.



No comments:

Post a Comment